In 2004 the first Alien vs. Predator directed by Paul W.S. Anderson was released and while did good in the box office by grossing $171,183, 863 worldwide, it hated amongst the fans of both the Alien and Predator franchises. And in 2007 Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem and grossed $128,835,085, but was hated even more by fans of both franchises, both films are not very good and are some THE most hated movies on the Internet.
But with Nimrod Antal’s Predators revamping the Predator franchise and Ridley Scott directing an Alien prequel called Prometheus, I think it’s time to reboot Alien vs. Predator and correct the mistakes from the two trashy movies and get a better screenwriter and reinvent this crossover and show to fans there can be a good AVP movie in the world and not all AVP movies are horrible.
Here are some of things we need to do to make better Alien vs. Predator movie
1. Get a Writer who can actually write good characters and good dialogue
2. Make it a character-based story with great and memorable characters like in Aliens
3. Get good actors to play the roles and give them stuff to work with so they can bring their characters to life
4. Include Colonial Marines
5. Make the Colonial Marine characters compliment the Aliens characters and the Predator characters
6. Get a person to do the special effects and make them good and not look fake
7. Make the Xenomorphs and Predators mostly people in suits and animatronics usless the scene calls for CGI
8. Get Industrial Light & Magic to do the CGI effects
9. Make the movie R-rated
10. Get creative control over the project and prevent Twentieth Century Fox from inferring
11. Redesign the PredAlien
12. Make gestation period of the Xenomorphs several hours again
Well that all I got to say, let me know what do think of this effort to reboot the AVP franchise and make a good Alien vs. Predator movie.